Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

From Florida to New York


Photo courtesy of aupanthers.com

Breaking three records her freshman year and earning the team MVP award, Adelphi swimmer Charlotte Davies has brought more to New York then the Florida sunshine. Hailing from Sanibel, Florida, Davies, who is now a sophomore, continues her successes here at Adelphi. She has received a Northeast-10 Honor as well. But she says that her most prized accomplishment is setting those records as a freshman.

"My most prized accomplishment at AU would be my records in the 500, 1000, and 1650 freestyle. I received all of them as a freshman and it made me super excited to be an asset to the team my first year."

This is the first season the swim team has been able to swim in their home pool in a few years. Last year they were traveling everywhere just to find a pool to practice in. But as Davies point out its her team that matters the most when it comes to swimming.

"The best thing about swimming here is definitely my team. I love swimming with them and we all get along not only in the pool but outside of the pool too. Without my team I don't know what I would do and they make swimming here a better experience."

In order to break records and become a top swimmer it takes more then just a nice pool and a great team surrounding you. It takes hard work and dedication on the athletes part to devote herself to being the best and Davies practices this day in and day out.

"Doing well doesn't come easy. If you work hard you'll do well and you can't slack off during practice and expect good things to happen or to do well when it comes time for a championship or big race."

Davies doesn't just want to settle for what she has already accomplished. She knows that there are many more years to go and she plans to continue with her hard work to make her become the best swimmer she could possibly be, while defending her records.

"I want to do well. And not working hard doesn't make sense to me. I want to continue to improve throughout my years at AU and to get there I have to work hard everyday. Not to mention that I don't want any freshman taking my records. :)"

Each and every day Adelphi women athletes look to do their best and their hard work, dedication and commitment they put in, it sure shows that we have some of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment